Guar Gum Properties
The most important property of guar gum is its ability to hydrate rapidly in cold water to attain uniform and very high viscosity at relatively low concentrations. Another advantage associated with guar gum is that it is a soluble in hot & cold water and provides full viscosity in even cold water. Apart from being the most cost-effective stabilizer and emulsifier it provides texture improvement, and water-binding; enhances mouth feel; and controls crystal formation. It is inert in nature. It is resistant to oil, greases, and solvents. Guar gum exporter provides guar gum for food additives, guar gum for food ingredients, guar gum for pet food additives, guar gum stabilizing, food grade guar gum, industrial grade guar gum and technical grade guar gum.
The main properties of Guar gum are
- It is soluble in hot & cold water but insoluble in most organic solvents.
- It has strong hydrogen bonding properties.
- It has excellent thickening, Emulsion, Stabilizing and film forming properties.
- At very low concentration, Guar gum has excellent settling (Flocculation) properties and it acts as a filter aid.
- It is non ionic and maintains a constant high viscosity over a broad range of ph.
- It is compatible with a variety of inorganic and organic substances including certain dyes and various constituents of food.
- The viscosity of Guar gum solution increase gradually with increasing concentration of Guar gum in water.
- The viscosity of Guar gum is influenced by temperature, ph, presence of salts and other solids.
- It has excellent ability to control rheology by economic water phase management.
- It forms highly viscous colloidal dispersions when hydrated in cold water. The time required for complete hydration in water and to achieve maximum viscosities depends on various factors i.e. the ph; temperature; grade of powder used; Equipment etc.
Guar gum is widely used as a guar gum emulsifying, guar gum for food that is food ingredients, guar gum thickening, pet food additives and gelling additives. Plantago ovata as a plantago ovata for food and guar gum manufacturer provide guar gum for food nutraceuticals guar gum for textile.